A Leader in Investment Casting Solutions. We Promising quality castings at most suitable prices.
We feel happy to serve You
You will get a call from us within next 24 hours
In the mechanical industry, manufacturing of various component requires standard procedure whether it’s casting, forging, molding or forming. Many people asking this question many times that what’s the difference between forging and casting. Let’s take a quick look about forging and casting.
Both manufacturing processes are very different, in forging components are created by heating it in a fire or furnace. While in casting pouring molten metal inserted into mold and gets desired shape.
So based on the procedure you can easily differentiate both method, in forging parts are frequently heated during forming while in casting metals are completely liquefied before it gets desired shape.
Based on the manufacturing process Forging is far better than Casting, because in casting process metal completely liquefied and after cools back it decrease the overall strength. Which may negative factor when higher and superior quality parts needed. But based on the requirement it’s tough to choose which process is better, forging provides higher tensile plus fatigue strength while casting provides precise dimension plus critical shape creation.
While considering budget in manufacturing for small volume casting procedure is cheaper and for larger production forgings can be cheaper, sometime it may vary in final output product. For some complex part casting can easily provide more reliability and accuracy compare to forging.
Last words, this comparison is totally depending on the requirements, what’s the design and dimension of parts, how much strength applied while in used, reliability and corrosion resistance feature keeps in mind or its less in priority.
Waiting for your ideas and view regarding both processes.
10 Quick tips and fasterways to achieve your goals in Investment Casting
Investment casting is very old procedure to manufacture casting components with good finishing and best quality. In the mechanical industry machineries are become digital, heavy as well as complex, to produce precise and appropriate components are challenging task.
If you have investment casting foundry and provide mechanical solutions in industries then you have to follow ten quick tips to produce superior quality casting components.
1. Research: Always done research or survey about casting process and complex design, how to produce or manufacture casting components without wasting more time. In your industry R&D department should be available to regularly update your technique and process to deliver satisfactory product
2. Technique: If you are following traditional technique and following out of date procedure then it’s industries loss to do tedious work and hard to deliver satisfactory products. The technique should be modern and fast to deliver appropriate investment casting parts before
3. Raw Material: The final product is always depends on the raw material which is used, if you are using lowest and cheap quality raw material then the final manufactured component never acceptable. So it’s better to use superior quality raw material to deliver durable and suitable investment casting parts
4. Testing: Without final testing it’s hard to know the final manufacture parts are proper or not. Always follow this phase before delivering your final component, it also improve your company standard and reputation. Beneficial of testing is you can easily found that is your technique is precise and shall we manufactureacceptable components?
5. Draft Angle: Always be careful while design your draft plus should be removingaccurately without damaging your design. Increase draft will reduces your external components cost.
6. Escape corners:It’s a main issue and also known as local structural weakness may produce crack, fall etc. To reduce this weakness always uses round corners or fillets.
7. Use appropriate junctions: In the investment casting T and L junctions are rarely used and preferable plus other junctions like X, V, and Y are create structure flaw.
8.Shape should be correct: Always design precise and desired shape of casting components with adding small extra curve at edges or corner. If you fail in design proper shape then it’ll build unacceptable part may waste your time and produce negative impression on client.
10. Maintain quality: Quality is a most important factor and first priority of a client in every field. Never compromise in quality while manufacturing bulk products, always maintain your standard and quality to survive in the market/industry.
11. Reuse technique: In the traditional technique, manual creation and extra raw material are used for the bulk production. While in modern technique, you can manufacture enormous components with the reusability or recycle. It’ll reduce your processing time and increase your productivity.
Energy Technocast follows contemporary technology to manufacture premium quality and superlative finished investment casting parts and component. Our prime focus and expansion is in the variety of product range and selection of premium quality raw materialsto manufacture excellent quality casting components.
Last words, the given quick tips are applicable in casting industries, if you forget to follow any of these precise tips then acquire it into your process flow and deliver finest casting products to the clients.
Waiting for your views and ideas in comments.
One of the traditional and oldest techniques is “Casting”, in which material is converted into liquid form/texture and then molded into desired shape or figure.Then removing piece from the mold and applying finishing actions to create impressive end product. Main aim to follow this process is to create hard and hollow designs for different industries such as aerospace to electronics.
For the different applications, shapes and designs discrete approaches are applied in casting. In investment casting a key benefit is changeability of mold, which gives relaxation and freedom to manufacturer while, create investment casting products. For the mechanical application manufacturer will preferred steel investment castings for better strength.